11.30.2003

CDs ANYONE?
I just got done makin a CD mix for 17 of my closest friends this Xmas. There is a song for each of them with the special dedication written in the liner notes.

Its been a while since Ive done something this creative. Funny - but when I was young, and closeted.. all I did was be creative but after coming out... I kinda left that creativity behind for the pursuit of sex, bright lights, fame, validation, games, alcohol, cute boys, so on and so on. (can you relate?)

But today I created for the sake of creating. I appreciated for the sake of appreciation. Im sharing for the sake of sharing and its kept me smilin all evening imagining the reaction on my friends as each of them discovers his/her song.

There is one sad note in all this gayiety - (and leave it to me to always find the dark side) One person who I would have very much liked to have included in the list was deliberately left out. Sometimes you just cant give any more.... you just can't. I love him and miss him and that already is too much.

"Its sad when you know its your heart you can't trust..."