12.12.2003

I LOST MY RED HAT

It was very much my security blanket and I feel so naked without it. My friends always gave me hard time about it because according to them I would wear it too often. Sometimes if I forgot the hat, I would drive home from wherever we were to go pick it up or would somehow manipulate the situation so that we could head back to my place so that I could grab it. Sometimes I would sleep with it on and wake up with easy to manage hair. It was just the right fit. It was perfect.

Ive called I HOP several times, accused my friends of kidnapping it, and searched every corner of my room three times and although each time, I came up empty handed, I held on to my hopes that it would somehow find its way back to me.

Today after 5 days of being missing, Im afraid it might be gone for good. I never once imagined my life without it. How do you pick up the pieces and move on without something that was once so constant and present.

Today I wore a blue hat that read "TGIF" Doesnt fit quite right yet.