1.21.2004

PRESIDENT BUSH PART II

When I watch the coverage of President Bush's blatant push for restricting the rights of the gay community, I feel almost embarssed, almost like an unwelcomed visitor, almost like an unfairly convicted felon... There he is - my PRESIDENT - on the TV - leading the nation with his teleprompted speech. My stomach begins to knot and it all just seems hopeless.

But then there's PASSION and I just burn with a desire to be a contributing voice in a chorus that needs to be audible and present. A chorus that inspires others to join in.

There's HUMANITY and I know in the deepest part of my soul that I am entitled to the same pursuit of life, love and every other damn thing thats out there for all to enjoy.

There's JUSTICE knowing that in the years to come, people like the PRESIDENT and those around us that refuse to open their minds and hearts to the gay community will hide their ignorant past in shame because it will happen. It will happen. I hate to be obnoxious about it but it will most definitely happen.