4.09.2004

RUNYON CANYON

Just got back from hiking. Curious...

1. Why is that everytime I get to that steep and narrow part, there are always 2 guys running their clunky bikes down that sandy and unbalanced path. Im sorry but with the heavy bad B.O. guy ahead of me, 3 dogs running up and around my legs, there's just not enough room for their bikes or their fancy bicycle wear. Why even bring a bike? I mean what if some dog jumps in their path causing them to stumble off the cliff and die?

2. Puppys are so damn cute. Wouldn't it be awesome if you had a Gary Coleman dog? You know-one that would stay a puppy forever. Surely these dogs exist somewhere.. and if not, why can't they genetically engineer those? Im sure Emmanuel Lewis would be willing to donate some cells for studys. What else does he got goin on?

3. How is that there are 5 year olds playin around the bench at the very top of this hike? How the fuck did they get up there? I mean I am usually out of breath by that point and yet there's little Mary and little John playing in the dirt. I swear they are there just to mock me.

4. Speaking of being at the top, why isn't there a 7-11 up there somewhere. Cah-ching !

5. Also, ever notice how sweating gay men look so butch when they are hiking? as opposed to say - sweaty gay men in a suana - which looks sooo gay.

6. Finally, isn't it satisfying to see that we live in such thick smog down in LA. I bet the rich people in their rich homes in the rich hills probably look at us everyday in envy.