5.20.2004

BACK TO THE FUTURE

So I've been working hard on 2 exciting projects this week (I'll fill you in soon). So yesterday, I left work early to get some well needed rest.



So its 4pm: I make it home, take a quick shower, and collapse into my bed. Several dreams later and the next thing you know, I wake up to an eerie silence. It's dark and the room is dimly lit with the early morning shades of blue. I check the time and its fucking 8:30 am! Whoa -talk about being tired! So I get up to get ready for another day of hard work and after 10 mins of piddlin around, I realize that its actually 8:30 PM! I've only been asleep for 4 hrs and not 16 hrs.

In that moment of clarity, I bursted out laughing! and dancing! because of all a sudden I was transported back to my college days when this complete ignorance of time would happen regularly. You know - that strange sense of freedom to have a total lack of regard for something that typically runs our lives. I felt so young, so alive, and so independent of the world and its burdens. My first impulse was to call my old college roommate who would totally "get" this giddy moment!

But instead I jumped right back into bed to sleep some more. Several dreams later and the next thing you know it REALLY WAS 8:30am. Damn, life can be so harsh.