7.27.2004

THE SWEETEST THINGS

 
1. Yesterday I met the sweetest guy.  I just didnt realize he was there during the 6 months we dated.  Perhaps it's only in friendship can we begin to be there for each other. 

2. My entire family (aunts, uncles, & cousins) live in the Philly area. Well, almost everyone. My uncle died about 13 yrs ago in a car accident, leaving behind my aunt and two rambunctious boys, ages 3 and 2.  My aunt remarried soon after and moved away to another state.  Eventually we all lost touch and understandably so.  I guess she never figured out a way to tell her two boys about their bioligical father and us - the extended family on the father's side.
 
Last week I found out that she had recently moved to LA... and today, armed with an envelope of photographs and family stories, I am going to go have dinner with her in  about 3 hours.  Bittersweet?  Oh yeah.
 
3. The new Ipod - Having the soundtracks of my crazy existence stored, sorted, and playlisted into this beeeeautiful gadget is a sweet sweet thing. 
 
4. When Nate puts on his suit and quietly joins David downstairs at the funeral in last week's Six Feet Under episode.
 
5. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.  - Helen Keller