8.16.2004

*BATTERIES NOT INCLUDED

So when I say "Fuck You All," it's not aimed at anyone in particular. It's more of a mental note to myself to not overthink things and to not overanalyze people and their actions/reactions to my actions/reactions. So with the weekend fast approaching, I began to map out the people I would see, the people I would hope to see, the things that I would do, hope to do, had to do, and most likely end up doing and out of nowhere I just had this well-needed visceral reaction to just say....

Well, you know what I said.

And with that new attitude, I tried to let life just fall where ever it damn well pleased and this is what happened...

FRIDAY
- My young friend tells me that he is now positive.
- Drinks at Here with
Matt, Darren and Mario. I love those guys.
- A face to face "hello" with the cute cute bartender that I have been chatting with.
- At 2am, made a drunken call to the sleeping ex in NY. (why? why? why?)

SATURDAY
- Ihop with Scott and Matt. Scott is bi. We refer to him as "Bi Boy." Is that rude?
- Dragged Bi Boy to The Grove with me where I bought an ipod attachment so that I could finally listen to my ipod in my car. (foreshadow)
- Appropriately at Abercrombie and Fitch, I ran into a semi-celeb who I used to be friendly with but now am too intimidated to say hello again altho I didnt see him making an effort to say hello either.
- I also saw Aliens vs Predator (why? why? why?)
- In the evening, I took
Steve out for some Korean food and watched him smile his cute smile while picking at his food like he always does. Pick Pick Pick.
- Then back to weho where we ran into our super gay heroes,
Mark and Joe and then to Bossa Nova for some yummy carameral cheesecake dessert.
- Ended the evening with some innocent and platonic cuddle time with an utlra cuddle-able guy.
(The latest trend? - whatever! Are we THAT unoriginal?)

SUNDAY
- Woke up to watch Kill Bill Vol 2 in my underwear. Halfway through it, I felt so alive and inspired by the story that I paused it to go to the gym.
- Joe and Mark explained the rules of "playing tennis" with the ex boyfriend over afternoon drinks at the Abbey.
- Watched Six Feet Under with Matt. My prediction: Maya is so going to die.
- Came home and cranked up "Air Supply" and laid in bed reflecting over the weekend.

MONDAY
- My car was broken into.
- My radio is now gone, rendering my ipod and its attachment useless.
- My quarters are gone as well but hey! the asshole was nice enough to leave the pennies and my parking ticket.

EPILOGUE
It all feels just too chaotic, don't it? Perhaps it was my "Fuck You All" theme. Perhaps if I continue to just let go, release control of everything, it will all just spiral into chaos? Maybe "Fuck You All" is just a bit too out there for me. And why this need to asterik my life with such a theme / motto? Is it just too fucking wierd to think its all random? Am I being too academic? or too spiritual? or too much like myself, thatmattdude.

My new motto for the upcoming week: Fuck You All But Only Pretending *

Let's see how that goes.