9.06.2004

I'LL CALL THIS ONE - DARREN

You are here
The escalators ahead dominate onward
Under and behind
Always
And again.

Remembering
A familiar story told a few days later
Mistakes remade
And then rewarded
Always
And again.

Dragging loneliness through different floors
But emptiness tastes the same.

Always
So it seems
That I am riding the crests beyond the valleys
Through the fog illusion of density.

And again
I am next in line
It's me
Here
Always.

I wonder
If I'll ever get past this chorus
And welcome a new song
Perhaps I am prone to be lost
I think we all are
Again
And again.

I wrote this poem a few days back. Darren's breakdown today reminded me of it.

I don't know how all the puzzle pieces I have collected over the years will ever fit. I'm scared that the fact of the matter is - they won't. All the meaningful experiences... past, present, and future ...are nothing but rubble.

But Lum points out that it is only in this rich rubble can our lives take root and flourish.

For the sake of all the people that I love dearly - my family, friends and my babbling self - I hope Lum is right. That's my prayer tonight.