11.25.2004

HAPPY T DAY

So the 1-yr anniversary of thatmattdude has arrived and with that I'm afraid its time for me to say my goodbyes.

It has been such an incredible journey on my end. If I pause to be honest with myself, I think somehow blogging filled that void of wanting to be interesting, wanting to be liked, wanting to be noticed, wanting to be bookmarked =) I think we all share that same hunger for validation in some form or another... and connecting with random people thru this medium for me, has been profoundly satisfying and healing. Looking back, I can see myself a year ago and clearly recognize the need back then to put myself out there. I was lost and I thought I needed to be heard before I could be found.

Guess what? I'm still lost! but these days, its a bit different. Actually its a lot different. As the new year approaches right around the corner, and my days as a twentysomething come to an end, I think its time for me to... to... oh I don't know... to embrace my life rather than to dissect it - or something like that.

Who knows... someday I may revisit blogging, but surely then, it be in a different form because for then it will be for different reasons.

I promise you this tho, you haven't seen the end of thatmattdude. I will always continue to contribute, share, write, debate, and amuse the world around me. After all, I'm one hell of a guy and it'd be a waste not to. =)



Final thoughts?

I'm thankful. I think I really am.

ALSO! catch me in the new Instinct and Advocate issue AND look for me here!

Yes, sometimes I'm shameless- but com'n, when it comes to blogging... aren't we all.